Friday, October 29, 2010

Under Construction

Bang! Bang! Bang! Clash! Clash! Zzhew!

Whew! A lot of construction is happening on this story. Oh, hello visitor. Hey, characters! Hold it down a minute. We’ve got visitors! (Glare as the noise fades away. Turn to you and smile) Welcome! You’ve successfully arrived at the blog known as The Writings of M. Kelley. I’m the author, M. Kelley. You’ve probably come here expecting a story, right? Well, (grimace) I’m sorry to disappoint you, but we’re currently undergoing a major project. It’s called NaNoWriMo, perhaps you’ve heard of it? Yes? Good, then you know the major undertaking that’s going on here: 50,000 words in 30 days. It’s crazy, but my characters and I are up to the challenge!

(Martin strides up). Hey, Kelley, we’ve got a problem with a part of your plot. As the leader of your character union, I’m asking you to come to a meeting with us your characters about changing it…

(Roll eyes) You characters have too much power, I think. I’ll be there as soon as I’m done. Well, go on. I promise I’ll be there shortly. (Martin rolls his eyes and walks away.) Sorry about him. He’s a bit miffed that I left the story off where I did before our major project. I’m sure you might feel the same, but before I get started on nano, I have to get some other things sorted out…. Like homework…>_>

Anyway, I’m sorry that I can’t stay. My characters and I are going to be extremely busy this November to get nano done. This means that there aren’t going to be any posts this November as we work to reach the 50,000 word mark.

BANG!!!

What was that?! Sorry, got to go. Seems my characters are going to take the plot under their control. I’ve got to rescue it! We’ll be back up and running in December. Make sure to visit us then! (Run off, waving my hands).

Thomas! How many times have I told you to not play with the TNT? Luke, you’re not helping matters either! And Martin! Ugh! It’s supposed to happen and you know it! It’s not going to change!

Bang! Bang! Bang! Clash! Clash! Zzhew!

2 comments: