Friday, April 22, 2011

Perhaps?

WHEW! I'm out of those pressing deadlines for school. I still have some projects to do, but I think I'll be able to get some things written before I have to worry about those.

This means... no more story today. However, I do want to show you something. Because I completed NaNoWriMo, I got something cool (and I'm not talking about that download certificate of completion I still need to print off). It's a coupon with createspace.com to get a single copy of your book. That's right. It looks like a book, bound like a book, (probably smells like a book), with my name and story! I also got to "design" the cover. Here it is!



Isnt' that cool? Your thoughts?

Oh, and I thought up a new plot line and I'd like opinions on it. Don't worry, I'm still writing in Martin's story, but when my brain was wracked with school work, this story line just kinda popped into my head. I've written down the plot basics just so I can remember it when I get time to write it.

So, here it is!

Racer
Be careful. The game's a killer...

In a world ruled by the Talented, Amy McPier’s only goal is to appear Talentless. Oh, if she had a useful Talent, like Music or Science, Amy would have let others know about it. However, her Talent is Speed, an ability to be fast at anything she wants. Anyone who has Speed is put into the Race Circuit, where most Racers don’t live more than a year. To be Talentless is a lot better than to let anyone know of her Speed. Fate, on the other hand, has a different path for Amy. One day, her school nemesis catches her using her Talent. That night, Amy is forcibly taken from her home and brought to the Race Circuit Center. There, she picks a new name for the Race Circuit, Aims. The officials then implant a computer chip into her brain. The sarcastic program named Maxx begins to instruct Aims in using her Talent enhanced by him. With Maxx inside her, a word from Aims can make Maxx real, into any racing machine she deems. A few months of training and Aims is on the Circuit, racing with Maxx to the finish line with her life. But the longer she is in the Circuit, she begins to unravel a dark truth about why the Circuit has such a high death rate. Aims suddenly has a new goal.

Survive the Race Circuit and stop the slaughter of the Talented.


I'm looking forward to writing that when I have an extra moment that isn't filled with school, work, Martin, or other pressing matters.

Hopefully, next week I'll have more story, but I wanted to give you something. Hope this works!

1 comment: